Thursday, January 19, 2012

1-19-2012

Look I'm updating the blog faster than last time. Probably because I have a lot of stuff going on. Today has been an amazing, amazing...did I say AMAZING day!!!

That is because I FINISHED MY MASTERS PROGRAM TODAY!!! I officially graduated and have my Master's degree in Nursing. Next I'm on to boards!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Next, I listed my house for sale today. Well I should say I signed the contract and it will be listed for sale tomorrow. I know this will come as a great shock to a lot of people. But it is something I have been contemplating even before Jeremie passed away. This house was our dream together. He adored building it and working on it and crying over it and creating his dream. I loved seeing him do it. But that dream is no longer for me. And as I figure out how to move through this life on my own, I have discovered that this home no longer holds what it did for me. Sadly, it hurts to walk through it. It needs to be someone else's dream.

So, Cori and her darling children, minus the eldest adult child (who informs his mother that he will be moving out in 3-4 weeks), will be working her very hardest to buy her little baby dream house in Parowan. I have dreamed, and wished and begged to live there for YEARS! And now I have found a way to make the wish and dream a reality. I've always been a small town girl. So not only will this fulfill a life long dream of mine, but it will greatly assist my financial means as well. I will be cutting down my expenses! Yay! I now don't feel the pressure to have to either get a second job or find another higher paying job. I will have greater peace knowing I can support my kids all by myself, comfortably.

And before we start the whining of "oh my gosh you are going to have to commute!" Let me just inform you all that I drove to Cedar for 3 solid years for work and for school. I like the drive. And I want to LOVE where I live. And FYI, I don't live for work. Oh and I'm not crazy or impulsive. I have thought about this long and hard. And yes, my children are excited as well. It is an adventure, and life is short. We are going forward.

So a HUGE stinking day for my little family and myself. I'm feeling excited about our future. I'm excited to be raising my kids how I have always envisioned. I'm so grateful for everything and everyone in my life. I can't believe the daily blessings that I have the opportunity of counting. I will miss the incredible people I have been surrounded by since building our home. I don't know what I would have done without them and our Ward. I wish I could just pack them up and bring them with me. They made Jeremie's dream even more of a reality with his house. Wow...amazing, amazing life we have been given.

Lots of Love...to all you amazing people...

Cori

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for your new adventure Cori, You are such a rock and will do well anyplace you end up. You truly are an inspiration to all. Love ya, and I will keep my fingers crossed that your house will sale and soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. you want a little town? move to aberdeen! so excited for you to make this leap! also can't wait to come visit when your settled!

    ReplyDelete