Thursday, February 2, 2012

02/02/2012

Well it has been another couple of weeks of change. Never stops does it! I'm starting to get a bit more confident in making decisions. Still making a lot of mistakes with those decisions, but nothing too life threatening yet ;-) I definitely have a perfection issue. And I'm working so hard to say to myself that "it doesn't have to be perfect", and my brain is saying "are you insane?"

So the big news! We sold the house! Yup! You heard right! The house was listed officially on 01/24/2012, was shown on 01/25/12, and I had two offers on 01/26/2012 and picked the best offer on 01/27/2012. Can you believe it! Nothing in my life goes this easy! NOTHING! I can't believe this is. So I'm closing on 02/27/2012. I'm hoping to close very soon after on my little baby house in PAROWAN!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! And yes that is WE.

Let me get a couple of misconceptions out of the way about me, myself and I. I am made up of a family unit consisting of Scarlett, Harrison, Jeremie Jr. and Phoenix. WE talk about how we want to live our lives, and what goals and dreams we want to go for. I have explained to them what mine are, I asked if they wanted to go to Parowan and give this little life a shot...my answer, without hesitation was YES! And, can we do it now?! We had the option of staying in our home until the end of the school year. I asked my family. THEY decided that they are ready now, they want to move as soon as possible.

If they told me they didn't want to move, didn't want to switch schools. I would just be figuring out how to have a second job, or maybe finding a higher paying job. While not ideal, I want what is best and least stressful for my children. They are looking forward to a scaled down, relaxed life full of all kinds of different adventures. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by these amazing people I get to call my children.

Alex is going to be moving out February 3rd :-) I'm very excited for him. He has a new girl fiend he adores and is enjoying working at the shop. I'm nervous as a mother, because he is my son, no matter if he is an adult. So I'm struggling on one hand and doing a dance on the other!

While I'm so excited that dreams and goals I have thought about for so long in my life are actually happening. The daily struggle of figuring everything else is still quite daunting to me. I struggle for sure trying to be a mom all by myself. I struggle with the whole alone thing (that one more than I like to admit). So I think that is why I have taken to doing things I've always wanted to do. I've have found myself with quite a bit of time on my hands. My usual M.O. is to then increase the amount of junk I have on my plate. But I have finally learned that isn't effective and I'm sick of feeling stressed out. I like to exercise, still hate anything having to do with scrap booking (YUCK, would rather die!), I like to clean, but really how much of that can you do ALL the time? So my little house will be my project. And part of my little 2 year plan (yes I have those) is to have a horse! Oh and maybe I will throw a DNP in there sometime too ;-)

Well here is to self-discovery!

Lots of Love,

Cori

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, Cori!!! We will miss you and your beautiful kiddos so much- but I am excited for your adventure! And holy cow with the house!!! That was so fast and great! I didn't know there was any other woman in the world besides me who hates scrapbooking! Haha:)

    ReplyDelete